This made enough for four dinner portions.
- 2.5 lbs beef sirloin, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 4 tbs red curry paste
- 26 oz coconut milk (2 cans)
- 1 cup chicken stock (gluten free)
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs lemon grass
- 2 tbs fish sauce (find a variety without sugar)
- 1 tbs red chili flake
- salt to taste
In a large dutch oven, brown the meat in batches, in hot oil. I did mine in three batches, adding about a tablespoon of oil with each batch. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels. Over medium high heat, add the last tablespoon of oil and the veggies. Heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onion in translucent.
Add the beef back into the dutch oven. Add the coconut milk, broth, and all the seasonings. Stir till combined. Cover with a lid, bring it to a low simmer, and cook for at least an hour (up to 3).